Nicole is a first-time mom to her sweet little boy. She says that she’s just a mom and an accountant BUT I think she’s a rockstar!
In today’s episode, we talk about her experience with postpartum depression. How she found a way to heal after being sent to the hospital. She shares how healing takes time and is different for everyone. Postpartum depression does not have a specific end date. No matter how long the journey takes for you, we will walk through it with you!
Enjoy the episode and share with a friend who may need some encouragement!
Highlights from the show:
- Nicole shares her mommy journey and her experience with postpartum depression.
- How she ended up at the hospital for having intrusive thoughts and hit rock bottom.
- The importance of educating our family and friends about maternal mental health.
- How she realized how she needed to start healing after being in the hospital.
- Nicole shares her healing journey and how healing looks different for everyone.
- How reading a book and listening to other stories can help you heal!
- “I didn’t really feel like myself, It kind of felt like the world was spinning around me and I was just standing still.” – Nicole McCloud
- “I really wish someone would have prepared me and my husband for what was to come mentally.” – Nicole McCloud
- “Physically I was healing but mentally it was just getting worse.” – Nicole McCloud